Enjoy Hot Music and Cool Evenings at Brookfield Zoo’s Summer Nights
Zoo to Stay Open Late on Select Fridays and Saturdays in June and July
This summer, guests can enjoy the cooler evening weather while chilling out Friday and Saturday nights at Brookfield Zoo’s Summer Nights. Enjoy a wide variety of live music and entertainment, and choose from an assortment of food and refreshment options while relaxing and surrounded by the coolest animals and some of the most beautiful landscapes. Summer Nights will also feature kids’ activities and, as the sun sets, the evening will be topped off with a spectacular laser, light, and video show. Summer Nights begins June 20 through July 26, Fridays and Saturdays until 9 p.m.
The zoo’s East Mall stage will be sizzlin’ with live entertainment by crowd-pleasing local bands playing music of popular genres, from rock to pop, country, jazz and folk. Bands begin performing at 6:45 p.m. and include:
- Friday, June 20: The Personnel – A 90s electro-rock band whose energetic pop music drives party-style shows all over the country
- Saturday, June 21: BritBeat – America’s premier tribute to the Beatles is a theatrical recreation concert celebrating 50 years of the greatest rock and roll group of all time
- Friday, June 27: Pirates over 40 – For 15 years the band has entertained audiences with fun and energetic renditions of favorite tropical songs, including Jimmy Buffett and other hits
- Saturday, June 28: Howl at the Moon – Howl 2-Go's crowd-pleasing dueling piano players perform music from all genres
- Friday, July 4: Sheridan Archbold, Orchestra 33 –12-year-old Sheridan Archbold will open the night and sing the Star Spangled Banner in his amazing opera voice. Afterwards, Orchestra 33, a nine piece orchestra, will perform an eclectic set of popular and legendary songs from all types of genres
- Saturday, July 5: Suburban Cowboys – This explosive show is designed for country fans that love to dance to top 40 country hits and classic country jams
- Friday, July 11: Sixteen Candles – The group’s fun-loving guys fuse nostalgia and style to pay homage to all the greatest 80s hits
- Saturday, July 12: 97Nine – This super group features guitarist Dave Uhrich and performs fist-pumping classic rock hits from the 80s, 90s, and today
- Friday, July 18: Your Villain My Hero – Lead vocalists Jennifer and Zigg get the crowd going with top 40 pop, club and dance music, and party favorites
- Saturday, July 19: The Kevin Presbrey Band – The band recreates the music of sultry singer-songwriters and the catchy hook and the rootsy Americana tracks on 70s records
- Friday, July 25: Sam Fazio – Sam’s music includes a mix of swing tunes and pop classics that he sings in a soulful, yet classic style
- Saturday, July 26: Rod Tuffcurls & the Bench Press – The band’s wacky and fun song range goes from the Beatles to Madonna, Queen to Miley Cyrus, and Wilson Phillips to Dave Matthews Band all performed with a contagious stage energy
Roaming performers add to the ambiance at Summer Nights from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., including stilt walkers, jugglers and magicians with different whimsical themes each weekend, including the Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss, the Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland. On July 4 and 5, Summer Nights will take on a whole different feel as we honor America in celebration of Independence Day, and feature a patriotic light show on a special water screen.
In addition to the wide variety of live entertainment, fun kids’ activities will take place on the East Mall Playground Stage starting at 6:00 p.m. and will feature music, puppet shows, storytellers, and even a kids’ craft station.
As a special treat, each hour between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m., guests can also get up-close views of Brookfield Zoo’s ambassador animals that will be on the East Mall or take in a special Dolphins In Action at 6:00 p.m. In addition to the outdoor exhibits and The Carousel that will remain open late, select indoor exhibits will also be available into evening, including The Fragile Rainforest, The Fragile Desert, Butterflies, Stingray Bay, The Swamp, and Seven Seas Underwater Viewing Gallery.
Summer Nights will also offer guests a distinctive selection of dining options at Stingray Bay Grill Outdoor Café featuring gourmet sandwiches, specialty grilled items, a variety of sweet summer treats, and your favorite beers and tropical drinks. At the nearby Bayside Beer & Wine Garden, guests may select from a wide range of wines and craft beers with a choice of food pairings, including seasonal fresh fruit and cheese plates.
Admission to Summer Nights is free for zoo members. For non-members there is special after 4:00 p.m. value pricing of $14.95 for adults and $9.95 for children ages 3-11 and seniors age 65 and over. Children 2 and under are free. The after 4:00 p.m. Summer Nights admission includes a choice of one free attraction (The Carousel, Butterflies!, special 6:00 p.m. Dolphins in Action, and Stingray Bay, Hamill Family Play Zoo (closes at 5:30 p.m.) or Motor Safari (closes at 6:00 p.m.). Parking for members is free at the North Gate or $2.00 at the South Gate. Parking for non-members is half-price ($5.00). For further information about Summer Nights, visit www.CZS.org/Events
or call (708) 688-8000.